Monday, February 27, 2017

Time to Spring clean

Just kidding.  I don't actually do
spring cleaning unless I start something
and then see something else,
something else, something else.  
Every once in a while I get carried
away with cleaning, but I try
not to let it happen too often.  It 
does feel like Spring today, though.



 I saw  a really neat card on pinterest
that used letters she had stamped.
I didn't have any letter dies but 
remembered that I had seen a set
at Hobby Lobby, so off I went.  Well,
I had other things to do, too!  At first
I didn't see them but then, there they
were, the prize I was after.  Only one 
set left.  The price was $19.99, but I,
of course, always carry a 40% off
coupon with me on my phone.  Don't
you love technology?  You don't have
to remember to print a coupon.  So
I justified the purchase that way.
This is 5 of each letter stacked together
which isn't as easy as it looks.  very messy
work with the glue.  I'm working on
another card of similar style but this one
I have used glossy accents to give it
a nice raised shine.  Hopefully the card
will come out as I'm envisioning it
but it may take a few days to get
it out of my head and onto a card.  My
head sometimes doesn't want to 
give up it's secrets. Which is not
always a bad thing, I assure you.

I'm having lunch today with my friend
since we missed last week due to my
illness.  I'm also looking forward to
fingerspelling class tonight.  My 
teacher can do it left and right handed.
Fascinating, right?  She shows me:
A-both hands, B-both hands, etc.  I
try it.  Yep.  I can fingerspell with
both hands too.  I'm slow on either one,
but that's just because my fingers 
don't have the necessary muscle 
memory, but I can do it!  Who  knew?

Happy Monday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...