Saturday, February 18, 2017

Offset lines

The weather has been fantastic!
I'm enjoying it so much.  Yesterday
because of the way the wind was blowing
(thankfully very little) I could smell
the bread baking at the McDonald's
bakery factory.  It smelled so good!
Simple pleasures.



I saw a card like this online and thought
it was pretty cool.  I didn't cut it quite
right, though, and I had to free hand
the flower part.  But it's OK.

This is made with a new die and
I wish I hadn't gotten it.  I didn't
realize you had to emboss the
edges after the die cut out
the shape.  I have never had good
results with embossing this way I end
up tearing the images in the paper.
Drives me crazy.  (John would say short
trip!) I was so looking forward to
getting the die and so disappointed
when I tried to use it.  Oh, well.  Thankfully
it wasn't too much.  
I did get some new dies yesterday in
the mail which I already love.  I have
to play with them a little to get just
the right card, but there are so
many different ones and many, many
ways to arrange them on cards.
I'd better go get Lili up before she
wears her screaming voice out....
Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...