Friday, February 3, 2017

Belated birthday


My son, Andy's birthday was
19th January.  Never fear, the
card got there in time, I just
haven't posted it here yet.  He
likes to fish, so I thought a fish
card would be in order.


It didn't come out like I hoped, but
I still like it.  I did partial embossing
on the top and bottom, then scored
above and below the embossing.
That way there would be a nice
smooth surface to stamp the 
"happy birthday"  and also
have no embossing over it.  That
looks weird, in my  opinion.
 
Here is a stitched card for an
early Valentine which I never send
anyway, so it doesn't matter.  I just 
wanted to make the pattern!
 

Dinner was fun yesterday. Tacos were
the special and since I haven't had
tacos in forever I had to try them.
They came with refried beans which
were pretty soupy, but otherwise 
everything was good.  We went over
all the songs for Sunday.  I think
I will be OK, but I can't do it alone,
I will have to have God standing
next to me.  Or better yet, just
taking my  hands and doing it for
me, LOL.  You know, kind of like
"Jesus, take the wheel".  Which I have
said on occasion when the roads were
pretty slippery....  I do this for His
glory and if I mess up, I mess up, but
I KNOW He will be right there beside 
me and we can do it together! 
 
Happy Friday!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...