Sunday, April 17, 2016

Rolodex cards

My daughter in law, Heather,
has asked for my address twice
in the last couple of months.
I love her dearly but she's a little
unorganized.  (Sorry, Heather, but
you know it's true!)  I hope she's 
not reading this because I haven't sent
her birthday gift out yet.  In an
attempt to keep her a little more
organized, I made her a rolodex.  
Naturally it's more than just an
ordinary rolodex.  I used to trade
them on a site I belong to, but I 
haven't traded anything in a couple
of years so I decided I would
repurpose it.  And, yes,  I
already put my address in it!
The cards are decorated on the
front and a small area on the back
and there is plenty of room to add
any information, address, phone,
birthday, etc.










Looking at it now, I think I should
have added something to the puzzle
pieces, but it's in the box now.  I didn't
have a pattern for the bottom of the cards
but it's in the rolo box so who cares, right?!
 I was pleased with how most of them 
came out.

I have to mow today.  Last year
I was having so much problem with
the mower and I finally (I think) figured
out what the problem was and got a
part for it, but I don't know if it
solved it because my neighbors 
started mowing my lawn for me!  So I'm 
about to find out.  I charged it all
night so it should be ready to go.
Naturally my arm has started hurting again.
The cortisone shot hasn't lasted as
long this time, and I can't get another until 
after May 10.  But I'll take a little
pain if the mower works.....

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Your muse is back!! Of course I love the cards! Such neat phrases. The rolodex is really unique. Do all the cards go in it? She'll love it! Even with the recent snow, you are mowing?! I love the smell of fresh cut grass. Your neighbors are angels! I love how they help you out. Hope that your shoulder will behave 'til 5/10. Welcome back! Hope your week off was rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, yes, they all fit in, but I only could make two for each letter. but most of the time you don't know people with all the letters anyway. Have to buy a new mower. This one is just never going to work. Mowed my lawn with my BIL mower, not self propelled and feel like I've been run over by a truck. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer - maybe you can find one on sale. Aleve tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not allowed to take any pain med like that because of kidney disease...because of pain meds.....long story!

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...