Friday, April 22, 2016

Hello, my name is...

From pretty much the day John
died, the engine light in the car
has been on.  I knew what it was
and it wasn't something that needed
to be dealt with.  Then on New Years
Eve I had to have the battery changed
and the light went out.  Well, a couple
of days ago it came back on.  So
in the interest of making sure it 
was still the same thing, (it was)
I took it to be checked.  I had left
my cd on-fairly loud-not thinking
about it.  He turned on the car and
Matthew West came on singing,
"Hello, my name is".  Instead of
reaching over and turning it
down he started to sing with it!
So there we are standing in a
light rain singing together!   What
a blessing! 

I made a couple of things for
Robin's Pastor's granddaughter.  She
is trying to encourage him, but I
think being able to take a special
surprise for her might lift him up as
well.  Besides, I just like making
girly things!





Front and back of a mini notebook
that she can draw or write in and front
and inside of a card.  As you can see, I
do love my angels stamp!

One more day!  My daughter in law said
someone told her in Toledo they signed
cd's if you bought them.  I think I'm
going to buy a pair of Duncan's drumsticks,
too.  I was going to once before but
then changed my mind.  I don't
know where I would display them, but
I'm sure I could find a place.  Maybe
under my pillow??  LOL

I was sad-and shocked-to see that
Prince had died.  He was only 2 months
older than me!   Michael Jackson was
3 weeks younger.  What the heck is going
on here?  Everyone  was talking yesterday
about him and "purple rain".  My favourite
song of his was "Raspberry Beret".  What an
icon.  He and Michael Jackson made MTV
what it is today.  (which isn't saying much,
I realize.  I'm talking about putting it
on the map.)  If it weren't for them and
a handful of others there would be no
MTV.  That might not be the worst
thing in the world....some of their
programming leaves a lot to be
desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...