Monday, April 18, 2016

Hummingbirds!

Nope, haven't seen them yet, but
I had you going, didn't I?!
My friend, LuAnn, loves hummingbirds
So I thought I'd surprise her with
a card featuring her favourite birds.






This is such a neat fold I found on
pinterest.  The hummingbird part is a
card which opens and then the whole
thing opens like an ordinary card
would.  I need to make more of them.
I love how it turned out.



Not crazy about how this came out
but I wanted to try out the new
flourish stamp I got.  The sentiment
stamp is new, too.

Last Friday I was invited to a school 
play at the local high school.  Janet,
her daughter Jennifer, and I went
to see "Annie".  I loved the movie
and seeing it on stage was such a treat.
The kids did such an amazing and
professional job!  I can't tell you how
much I enjoyed the evening.  I'm
hoping to get to know Janet better.
I like her very much.

I finally had the blood test done
that the doctor wanted me to get
in December.  Hey, if they'd taken
the  cholesterol off the table I'd
have done it a long time ago.  I'm not
fond of fasting.  The food part is
OK, but take away my diet coke
and I get extremely cranky.  So don't
tell them, but I had a sip this morning.
Since my dog got me up at 530 again (I'm
pretty sure he has an alarm in his head)
I was grateful they opened at 630.  Note
to self: no waiting at 630 am.  She
told me last time to TRY to have it done 
before I came back in May.  I took 
that as a challenge.  She's lucky I got
in the mood to try.  LOL!

 I just saw they had an earthquake
in Ecuador.  My cousin, Rita,
was there for many many years as
a nurse/missionary.  Kind of scary
all the natural disasters that are going
on in the world today.

2 comments:

  1. Love the hummingbird card! One landed on hub's chair last week on the porch! Guess it's time to put the nectar out. Just routine blood work? Hope all is well. I'm reading Left Behind and all the disasters remind me of Rapture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, routine, except my doctor called because he got a copy and couldn't remember ordering them, lol (he didn't) and turns out my cholesterol is high. not sure if that will be a problem or not... I LOVE left behind. read them about 3 times each!

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...