Friday, April 29, 2016

Deaf chat

I've never been to one of 
these before.  I don't know
how many people go and how
many are deaf, or hearing.
I don't feel in the least prepared,
I don't feel I know enough to 
communicate with a deaf person.
But I guess there comes a point
where you just have to jump in,
hope you do OK and learn
something in the process (hopefully)
So I will go tonight.  My teacher,
Pam, says she will not leave my
side.  I hope she doesn't!  I'm really
nervous, but she says it won't
be as bad as I think it will be.
I suppose that anticipation of 
something is worse than the
real thing as a general rule.  You
tend to build things up in your
mind-at least I do-and it never
turns out like you had envisioned
it.  So everyone say a little prayer
that I don't make a fool out of
myself and remember enough
to have a basic conversation
with someone.


I like this one a little better than
yesterday's but still not what
I want.  The problem is, I don't
know what I want.  That is a
problem.  I hate it when I
get restless like this.
Plus, Dianne went on a short
little vacation and as usual
my muse tagged along.  I'm
not sure why she feels the need
to follow Dianne rather than
stay here with me where I need
her.  I think it's kind of selfish.
After all, She leaves me to
try to think of cards all by
myself!  I think I need to
trade her in on a new muse....


No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...