Saturday, April 30, 2016

Finally!

I got exactly what I wanted for
my mother's day card!  Since
I'm seeing her later in the day
I will just deliver it.  It's a little 
bulky with the flowers, and besides,
it's nice to hand deliver.




Card, inside and envelope.

Deaf chat was OK.  A man I know,
who also stuck by my side at Deaf world,
was there.  We call him "French Dave"
to differentiate from another Dave.
I don't remember his last name, 
but it is French (obviously).
He's so nice.  I stuck close to Pam 
and just observed.  I thought they
would consider that rude, but they
don't.  After some of them had left
I went and sat by him and He and
I chatted in sign, the things that
I knew.  Practice is practice, I guess.
I did speak to one of the leaders
of Deaf world for just a moment and
told him I had been there.  He understood
me and told me his name and I told him
mine.  I also introduced myself to a
young friend of Pam's.  Pam interprets for
kids in school and she was one of Pam's
former students.  It was interesting.
There was a group of students there
from one of the local high schools
that offer a sign class.  These teens'
hands are just flying like crazy.  It
was a little intimidating.  But they were
also very nice.  One of them, a senior,
spoke with me for a few minutes-
not in sign, just speaking.  She's so
good.  I wish I could take that class!  I
wish I was young enough to be in HS
again!  Well, maybe not.  It wasn't the
best of experiences.  I might go
again next month if someone I know
is there.  I leave you now with
another picture of Lili as she was
thinking about eating the phone....
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...