Monday, April 25, 2016

Here's to new (and good) experiences.

Yesterday I dropped off my in laws,
Larry and Laurel, at the FW airport
so they could fly to Florida.  Once there,
they will hang out for a few days with
a friend and then drive his car back.
He would rather take the train,
but since he winters there, wants his
car.  They do this exchange twice
a year and he wines and dines
them while they're there.  Must be
nice...Anyway, I had time to kill
between then and church so I stopped
at McDonald's and had a little
breakfast.  While there I got a
text from a woman in my sign class
saying she hoped I would come
to church.  I told her where I
was and that I would be there.  She
waited at the door of the church so I 
would see a familiar face when
I walked in.  Wasn't that so nice
of her?!  So I made her a card:



The flowers on the outside are
embossed in white embossing
powder. I was very happy with
how it turned out.  I'm planning on
going back and I can tell you that
watching her, Colleen, and Pam,
the teacher of one of the classes,
that I am going to get a huge education!
I learned several words just by watching
them sign the songs and later, Pam, the 
service.  So I am excited about learning
more and possibly more quickly.  Although
I wonder how much my brain can hold
in, lol.  I have always considered
by brain a sieve. I have learned so
much in the past year and I want to 
keep learning as long as I can.

I was exhausted yesterday after getting
very little sleep the night before between
the concert and getting up early to
go to the airport.  But I did manage
to get the lawn mowed and weeds
whipped.  I don't mind at all doing
the lawn and now that I have a
dependable self propelled mower,
it went quickly.  I'm not so fond of
weed whipping.  I sprayed all
the stray weeds and will probably
pull them tomorrow.  I don't think
they're quite ready to be pulled yet.
My shoulder must be getting somewhat better
because I was able to pull start the mower.
That was quite a concern last year. Maybe 
someday it will fully heal.  That's what started
the injury in the first place.  When I went to
start my old mower the string quit
working.  I pulled, it stayed.  That was
horrendously painful.  But now I can mow
the lawn, enjoy the sun and get some
exercise.  Looking forward to summer!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! You got a mower! That's good exercise. Except when it gets hot! So happy to hear you went back to church! You are so blessed to have so many friends! What do you think of Nyles on DWTS? I think he'll win the Mirror Ball! The card is beautiful! Glad you enjoyed the concert. I hadn't heard of the 'Newsboys" so I googled them.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...