Friday, February 5, 2016

Inspire

I think I need a little inspiration
myself, but this card turned out OK.
I was going to put a different
sentiment on it, but none of the
ones I had looked right.
I have had these little metal
embellishments for forever.
I like them, but just forget about them.
I have LOTS of things I have
forgotten about and keep buying
more....  John would not have been
happy about having a hobby
lobby right down the road!

I also haven't used this die
in a while since I was having
so much trouble getting my machine
to make a clean cut on the
intricate dies.  I must have
worn the other one out.
I have a friend who asked me to
make her some cards to
send to her daughter who is in college
and in return she bought me lunch a 
couple times.  About two weeks
ago we went to pizza hut for
lunch and she handed me a card
that looked kind of familiar...
I'd been kind of down then and
I guess she thought I needed a lift.
Inside was a gift card for Hobby lobby.
No particular reason, just because.
What a wonderful surprise!
I used that to buy a new die
cutting machine and I'm happy that I'm
getting better cuts on most of the
intricate dies.  They're beautiful
but a bit frustrating with all
the tiny cuts.  


I made these panels a few days ago and
while I love them so much, I'm not sure
what to do with them yet.  They're kind of
bulky because they have a product
called crystal effects on them which dries
raised and leaves a gorgeous shine.
I suppose it wouldn't be much more
bulky than a couple of layers on
a card, but I also don't have a
clue what kind of card to make
with them!  Maybe I'll get some
ideas soon.  My muse is still on
vacation with my friend who
is at this time in Charleston, SC. 
I miss that place so much!  I lived
there for 3 years and it's an amazing
place to live!  I'm so jealous of
her, lol.  She went last year, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...