Friday, February 19, 2016

Gone fishin'

I like to fish but not in
cold weather.  I don't like to
do anything in the
cold weather! So this is the
next best thing.  Maybe it
will make me think warm. Today
is supposed to be in the
50's!  But we're also under a
wind advisory, so it's hard
to enjoy warm weather
when you're trying not
to be blown away.  I'm no skinny mini,
but in high winds I don't keep my
balance well.  Maybe I'm bottom
heavy...no maybe about that!!





For the background, I wiped a
distress ink pad on my craft sheet, then
spritzed it with water and laid the
paper in it.  It gives it a kind
of water colour result.  The fish is 
"fussy cut" and popped over
the coral.  It makes a perfect
guy card.  

I was going to try another technique that
I haven't done in a long time, but
I kept tearing the paper....

Yesterday I had a ferocious headache.  
4th day in a row, but this was the worst.
I spent most of the day in the
lazy boy with the dogs just dozing.
I did make it to class last night, 
though.  She asked me (in sign!)
to interpret for her and I managed
to get most of it, so I was pretty happy.
She's been doing more sign without
it being the lesson, just random, and
that helps me so much.  So, keep it
coming, Sam!

My sister in law, Laurel, and
I are going to Good Will- half
off today.  She is a champion 
good will shopper so I'm hoping
she can help me find a cute outfit
or two.  I usually go in and can't find
anything.  Laurel, on the other hand,
seems to come out with tags still on
the items.  I guess it requires a certain
"eye" for bargains.  After living
with my brother in law, Larry, who
is the champion at pinching a
penny, she's learned the lessons well.

4 comments:

  1. You are getting so good at "guy" cards! I love the fish one, too!
    I, too, love to fish. (or should I say Loved, too!) Sister, Jane, is also a great thrift store shopper! And yard sales! I don't have the patience to shop. She loves the challenge. Hope you're feeling better. Spring is on its way! Azaleas are blooming here. Temps in the 70's! But real windy here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card.I love going to the goodwill. My brother use to call it junking. Looking to being able to drive again so I can get out and junk again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I hate to shop-for clothes or anything else (except crafts, lol) but every once in a while I get brave. hate yard sales esp.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...