Sunday, February 14, 2016

Trying out different folds


This is a chevron fold.  It's pretty
easy and I like the zig zag down the front
of the card.  I cut an inch off the front
so that you could see the heart paper
when the card is closed.


My great niece, Maya, is having
her 8th birthday next month.  She likes
to go to tea rooms so I thought this
would be a neat card to send her. Much
easier than making some sort of
Star Wars card which she also likes.
She is just the cutest girl.  Her parents adopted
her from China.  She's smart as a whip
and a personality that is  full
of sunshine! They live in NM, so I
only get to see her in pictures (her mother
is a photographer and posts lots of them) and 
 occasionally when they come to visit his parents,
my in laws.
I forgot to take a picture of the cookies
this morning, but I'm making another batch
tomorrow night.  Maybe I'll remember to
take a picture then.   I also made
some raisin cinnamon bread yesterday and
I did remember to take a picture of that!

Isn't it gorgeous?! I let the bread machine
do the first rise then took it out, let
it rise a second time and put it in the oven.
Yes, there's a hole in it.  I was nervous
about it being all the way done since I'd
never made  bread that way before so I 
stuck a skewer in it!  It was done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...