Saturday, February 13, 2016

Drapery fold

The computer is finally up again!
Cody could not figure out what
was wrong with it, but it's working
now, so that's all that matters.
He's going to put some more
RAM in it, so that might help.
I'm hoping it's just a hiccup.
The computer isn't that old.  
I mean, it's not new, but not
 to the age that it should be crashing.

My friend, Karen, has been posting
"fun folds" on pinterest.  I saw this
one and really wanted to try it.  I think
it turned out pretty nice.  The person who
was showing it put it on a flat
card, not one that opened, but I like
it better with a card that opens so
you can write a  note inside.


This is the same paper, just a double
sided, so I thought I may as well
make two cards instead of having
extra paper I'd have to find
something else to do with.  I think
if I ever do it again I might put a pretty die
cut where the flower is.  I didn't think of
that at the time, naturally.

I need to make a quick run to the
store this morning and then I plan to hunker
down the rest of this COLD day!  Tonight
I am going to make some more meringue
cookies, only this time I am going
to use red dye (for V-day, of course) 
and some cinnamon chips I found at
the store.  My friend, Sam, told me 
I should make them for more than 
just Christmas, so
I'm interested to see what these
will taste like.  ( Guess who will
get some tomorrow?)  Shhh. Don't
tell her!  The chips are good.
I'll try to remember to post a picture
of the pretty cookies!  I'm not
good for much in the kitchen-
other than putting some pizza
in the oven, but these cookies
always turn out beautifully.

Oh, yes!  And I got my  hair cut!
I LOVE how it turned out!
Sorry, I am terrible at selfies, but
you can get the idea.

And last but not least, my poor dog, B'Elanna.




I hope I didn't post this already.  She was sleeping
in the corner of the chair and when she stood
up, this is what she looked like!
I grabbed my phone as fast as I could and
got the picture right before she shook
it all out.  I just love this picture!!



2 comments:

  1. The drapery cards are so unique! You sure have a vision for different styles. Love your new do! Looks good on you! What is your meringue recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, the design isn't mine, I just copy it, lol. I'll send you the recipe in a pm.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...