Thursday, October 8, 2015

Introducing...



This is my girl, Lili (Liliana)  Isn't she gorgeous?  She's a scarlet
macaw.  They are known to have quite the attitude.  I
was cautioned by multiple people not to get a
scarlet but I was sure I could handle her.
 There are days when I wonder...lol
Macaws are not known for their talking abilities.
She does say a few things, though. "Good girl",
"is that better?"  (That's a cue to scratch her head).
"hello" naturally.  don't they all?! She also
yells "B'Elanna" when the dog starts barking.
'Whatcha doin'?  HUH?"  and "Step up"  She said that
to the vet the first time she
went.  The vet got a big
laugh out of that. One of her
favorite things to do is to hang upside down
on her toys, flap her wings and scream.  She also loves
 the orange and pink toy shown here.  It's a foraging toy so
it comes apart in the center.  she puts the pink
part on her head and puts her beak inside the
orange bottom and makes noises.  She likes
the different sound it makes.She's a lot of fun to
watch and cheers me up when I'm feeling kind 
of sad.  Who can help but smile at an upside
down parrot screaming in fun?!  Well, maybe
some, but I'm used to the noise.
And for any of you eagle eyes out there,
yes, those are pez dispensers.  I have
about 800 of them.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have your hands full! 3 beautiful parrots, 2 dogs! You have a very busy life! Do you ever sleep?

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...