Saturday, October 10, 2015

Sadie


This is my "old woman" Sadie.  It's a good thing
I named her a girl's name because eventually she started
laying eggs.  She hasn't done that in quite a few years,
and for that I'm grateful.  She tried valiantly to hatch
them and laying takes a lot out of a bird.
Sadie will be 21 years old on Monday!!  I'm
thinking of taking her out for a drink since she
will be legal. Do you think people will look
at me strangely?  Sadie used to talk, but
quit a few years back.  I guess she
got tired of trying to express herself!
She said the usual, hello, pretty
bird, etc.  Only a few things, but they
were pretty understandable.  She also
wolf whistles.  Don't all birds??
Well, OK, Lili and Luna don't.
A year ago she had a broken leg.
That was an experience.  She had just
had her wings clipped and tried to
fly.  She twisted her leg on the landing.
When I get her up in the morning she's usually
hanging on the cage door.  I tell her to get off and
she climbs down and sits on the perch
until I open it.  When it's time for bed
I tell her to get back in and she walks in
all by herself.  Which is more than I 
can say for Lili!  Luna usually hangs out 
inside her cage so I don't have to
worry about getting her back in.  She's
more cooperative than the other
two anyway.  So tomorrow I'll introduce
the dogs and then I'll get back to the cards!!

2 comments:

  1. Birds don't show their age? She sure doesn't look 21. What is the life expectancy of parrots? You have them trained well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture is probably 8 years old. The life expectancy is usually 15-20 years but can be as much as 25-30.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...