Monday, October 12, 2015

Meet the mutts!



Sorry no post yesterday, but my son and wife came over and also his kids, 
and they stayed the night with me (the kids) and went
to church with  me on Sunday.  Bri has expressed an
interest in learning sign language!  She's spending the 
night Friday and going to class on Saturday with
me.  I am beyond excited.

Anyway, to the dogs.  They are both shelter dogs.
B'Elanna is a malti poo (maltese and poodle)
and Neelix is a yorkie.  The names are
from Star Trek Voyager in case
anyone wondered.  Everyone wants to 
know where I came up with such names.  The
vet's office laughed at B'Elanna's name as I was
spelling it for them.  Well, John was making
fun of me, too, in all fairness.  They have
really helped me through John's death.  
Being able to hold on to something living
when you are going through a hard time
helps tremendously.  B'Elanna is very sensitive
to my moods.  When we brought Neelix
home we didn't realize he was sick.  He's much
older than her and the shelter wanted to 
get rid of him, I think.  We weren't even
sure if he would survive.  I didn't know
dogs got colds (this being my very first
experience with dogs) but he also
had bad teeth and that didn't help.
Once we got him well the vet went
to getting those teeth taken care of.  Had we
not come along he probably would have
been euthanized, so God really had
a plan there.  He had a plan all the way around
because I never thought I liked dogs.  He knew
way ahead of time that I would need their
comfort.  But then He knows all.
Neelix is wearing a halloween costume and none
too happy about the situation.  B'Elanna on
the other hand, loves to be dressed and 
will even put her head and arms forward
just like a kid!  She also rubs her
eyes like a tired child.  They are 
both a lot of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Your dogs are sweet! We have a blue heeler - suppose to be a cattle dog but he doesn't listen! So he's more of a house dog! But we would be lost without him. His name is Buck (short for buckshot!)

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...