Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Journal for Bri


My granddaughter, Brianna, told me the other
day that she wanted to start journaling, so I offered
to make her a journal.  This is made from a
composition book you can pick up at walmart
or any dollar store.  I put a ribbon under
the paper so it can be tied at the
side.  Sorry, Bri, no lock on it.
I love the paper design.  I don't know
if she will or not, but I hope so.  If not, 
I can always make her another!!!

I'm going to dinner tonight with a friend.
I would not have met this woman
if not for John's death, as she is
the social worker for hospice.
I'd rather not have had to meet
her, but her friendship has
been very special to me.  It's
strange how God can use something
very hard or sad for His glory.  I 
guess that's why James said: 

 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, 
whenever you face trials of many kinds"
(James 1:2)
 
It's not fun to go through trials, and I'm not sure 
anyone but James and Paul would find joy in it.
But it does bring a new strength if we 
trust God.  I am very sure had
John not gotten sick he would not
have found Jesus.  Equally, I am sure
that I would not have the closeness
and trust in God that I have found 
since he was diagnosed.
None of us wants to go through
trials, but 

"We know that all things work together for good
 to those who love God, to those who 
are the called according to His purpose."
( Romans 8:28)

So I choose to trust God even though
sometimes it is counterintuitive.

1 comment:

  1. Nice journal. I'm sure Brianna loved it! Hope your dinner was enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...