Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Other craft projects

Today will be a difficult day
for everyone involved.  There is no way
around it, you have to go 
through it.  You never get
"over" the death of a loved
one, but the acute pain
does ease with time.  This 
has brought up some emotions
for me that I would rather
not have had to deal with again,
but it makes me more aware
of what she is going through
and helps me be more of a support.
 

 


These are some candles I made a while back.
I used alcohol ink which is an ink
with an alcohol base.  it dries quickly
and leaves vibrant colors.  It can be used
on any non-porous materials.  I've used it
on metal and photo paper as well. The
candles are completely safe to burn
once you take off the stickers.


This is called a bookatrix.  Don't ask me why!
It measures approximately 9.5 x 5.5
and does not close like a conventional card.
Most people make special card
boxes for them.  I think the
shaker tag really adds a lot.
I haven't made one in
quite a while so I think I will make one
today for a friend of a friend.
She is going through some health
issues and needs a lift.  I hope
I can still remember how to
make them!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...