Saturday, April 28, 2018

Silent breakfast

At the end of the Saturday morning
classes we always go out to a silent
breakfast.  Not only does this help us 
to practice outside of a classroom,
but it gives us an idea of how deaf
people might feel when others look
their way  with curiosity or other
emotions .  We have a tendency to
look at anyone who is "different" and
it makes them uncomfortable, so it's
a good thing to experience.




I thought about putting some gemstones
in the center of each of these, but I have
a pattern similar to this and I did that
and it looked like a bunch of eyes,
so I decided not to!  😁  I love the pattern.
Later today I hope to finish the tiling
in the small entry way at the front door.
I'm pretty sure I have enough tile left.
Then all the floors will look good.  If
I had the money I would replace the 
carpet in the bedrooms, or better yet
make them hardwood like the rest of
the house, but that's not something I
can afford to do.  Nor do I have the
expertise.  I barely know how to tile!
Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. I answered your question on 4/13/18 re Trip. Did you get my picture of "Annie"? Anyways trip delayed cuz of baby heifer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sorry, I must have missed it. I wondered why you sent me that picture!! She's beautiful. When do you think you'll be able to come? It's still not too green yet, so maybe a delay isn't all bad. I hope your mom is doing better. Dad hasn't said anything lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom is doing much better!
    thanks for asking! Haven't talked to your dad recently. Need to call him.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...