Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Lots of rain!

Thank you, Lord!  We needed the
rain.  It came out of no where.  All
of a sudden it was just pouring.  I didn't
even notice the sky getting dark, just the
satellite going bonkers which it does when
there's interference such as rain.  Then it
came down in sheets!  I was going to mow
yesterday.  I'm thinking perhaps I should
have because now I really  have to mow.  It
was pretty humid yesterday, so maybe it
won't be quite so humid today.  It's way too
wet to be mowed this morning so will
have to wait until evening.  Tomorrow
is the first of September and I have
been asking God to please not take away
my warm weather.  I asked Him for warm
weather for the rest of the year.  I doubt He's
going to listen though and is probably 
getting a good laugh on me, but it's 
worth a try!

I got my cc issue sorted out.  They put
a block on it because the company I 
ordering from was in the UK.  Starbucks
is OK as long as it's in the US with this card.
I can't complain.  The interest is 7.5%, so if
I have to call occasionally and see what
is up I can deal with that.  But, hey, two days
before that they OK'd the transaction.
Go figure.  So I have lots of stitching 
patterns.  Guess what you're going to
be seeing for a while?  I love paper stitching!


I got several different styles of pattern, 5 or 6 
(can't remember) are geometric shapes and 
I think they make the best stitching patterns!
They are so elegant looking.  I have some
Christmas projects in mind so maybe I'll
be making some of them in red, green and
white.  Blue is a Christmas colour, too, 
right?  I'm not a huge Christmas fan.  It's
way too commercialized and has been for
many, many years.  I think it's important
to remember what we are celebrating.
The birth of Jesus Christ.  My oldest son,
Nathan, was 8 months old on his first
Christmas.  I took him in my lap and
read him the Christmas story from Luke.
From that Christmas forward, the kids
knew they could check out their stockings
but the presents would wait until after
we read the Christmas story.  I wanted
them to know that Christmas was more than
just opening presents and playing with
toys.  So while Christmas isn't all that
big with me, the "reason for the season"
is. I do love to give gifts, but that's for
any time of year.  We don't have to
have a special day to think about others
and give them gifts that will make them
happy.  The Christmas spirit should
last all year long.

4 comments:

  1. ah I love the story of you reading to Nathan at 8 months. You were a good mom! (still are). Yes blue is a Christmas color. Love the card reminds me of the spriograph I had as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why it looked familiar! I loved the spirograph but I was always in such a hurry that it slipped out of the teeth and I would get frustrated! I saw one at hobby lobby the other day. they have retro toys there right now.

      Delete
  2. The card is absolutely gorgeous!! We're still waiting for the rain. It is now a Tropical Storm named Hermanise (sp?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy. I heard about Hermine. I hope you guys are ready with supplies and such and that your house can withstand it!! scary stuff.

      Delete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...