Monday, August 8, 2016

Happy Monday morning!

Well, it was a thought.  I know some
people who do NOT look forward
to Monday.  I don't really care one
way or the other, to be honest.  It's
just another day.

I made my cousin's birthday card
in time to get it in the mail.


I used the sanding block to sand
the cardstock, revealing the white core.
I'm not super happy with how it
turned out.  I should have used another
embossing folder, but I didn't have any
that I thought would look good either. 
It needed a smaller design.  Maybe
I need to get some more folders.
But hopefully she will like it.  The ribbon
is pushed through a slit in the
card and carried behind the inside of
the card.  I thought it would be too hard
to try to wrap it around the blue mat.
Also, this way I could slide the knot
to where I needed it when I put the
oval on.  Generally speaking I have to
lift the ribbon and move it since I 
never seem to put it in the right place!

I'm looking forward to lunch today with
a friend. I've never had lunch with her
before, so it should be fun.  This is going
to be a busy week getting ready to leave
on Friday.  I'm excited, but not crazy 
about the 12 hour drive.  I suppose when
the time comes I will have so much
adrenaline rushing through me that it
will be a breeze.  At least that's how it
was last year.  I have my Newsboys,
Building 429 and misc. cd's ready to
listen to all the way there, so I'm set.
And let's not forget that I won't be alone
during the trip.  Jesus will be right beside
me.  I sure wish He would drive, though! 

2 comments:

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...