Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Just black and white

I love using just black and white.
It has such elegance.  I made
this card last night and was so happy
with how it turned out, but felt it
needed something more.  So...
I stamped a sentiment to the side on
the black using white ink.  Except I
used the wrong ink.  It came out very light.
Since it was a clear stamp I thought I'd try
to re-stamp it with a better ink.  I didn't
get it lined up perfectly, big surprise.  So
I made another one and I hated how
it turned out because I had the top leaves
in the wrong place.  So here is the
original without a sentiment.  I guess
it really doesn't need anything anyway.
And even it it does, it's staying the way
it is!


The flash kind of washed out the centre, 
but it is a true black.  It looks much
better in person.  Thankfully I took a picture
before I ruined it and threw it away.  I may
try to make another and be more careful
of the leaf placement because I think it 
looks so elegant.  The little pink flowers
on the lower right flowers are from my 
friend, Karen.  She sent me a happy package
yesterday.  I love getting happy mail!  Thanks,
Karen.  I love all the goodies you sent me!

I'm going to dinner with Dianne tonight.  We
haven't seen each other for two weeks and
of course, I will be gone this Friday and next 
which is usually the day we get together.
I'm planning on leaving early Friday morning (12th)
and coming back the following Saturday   (20th)
so I will only miss one week of church.
Speaking of church, I made God a deal
yesterday.  I'm wondering how long it will
be before He holds me to it and if I will be
brave enough to follow through!  With His
strength I can do it, but it will be verrrry scary!
Why do I do these things to myself?!  It
will be kind of like walking on water.  If
I look away from Him I will definitely lose
it.  I'll let you know more later.  Until then
you will just have to wonder.  No more clues!
But really, if anyone knows what I've been
doing these days, they can probably figure it
out if they think hard enough about it.  No
more clues!  Didn't I say that once already??

Tomorrow will be my last post for a week. 
I will miss doing the blog, but I know I'm going
to have fun in NC and have lots of things
to talk about and pictures to show!  Hopefully
I will have a great card to show tomorrow-
if it turns out right.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful card. I like black and white also. I'll miss reading your blog posts, but I hope you have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen. I am anxious and nervous all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...