Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Friends

Aren't friends awesome?  Of course, Jesus
should be our closest friend, but He
gives us some pretty amazing people
here on Earth.  They can be people totally
unrelated to us or family members (Nancy!)
Friends make our lives so much richer.
This card is for my friend, Dianne, because
I couldn't resist the old ladies and sayings, lol.


The gold washi tape I picked up in NC.
I've really not been into washi tape because
the stuff around here is pretty boring.  But
the store we went to, AC Moore (which we
don't have around here to my knowledge), had
tons of it and I fell in love with this design.  It
is so versatile and so pretty!  I'm not good
at colouring but I think it came out pretty well.
I'm still working on the card with the other
stamp I got and eventually I will make a
card with the 3 old ladies that go with this
set of stamps.  There are hilarious sentiments
with the stamps.

About a year ago I decided to put up foliage
around the top of my cupboards.  I've seen
it done before and loved the way it looked.
Yesterday I picked up some battery operated
tiny lights and put them up there too.  They look 
fantastic and really make a nice night light.


Aren't they pretty?

In the next couple of days I'm planning on picking
up a roku stick so I can stream pureflix.  I have 
netflix right now which I rarely watch and pureflix
is Christian movies only and I think maybe series,
I'm not clear on that.  I think I will enjoy it more.
Speaking of which, I got the movie "God's not
dead 2".  If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend
it.  As with the first one, it is an awesome movie,
but more, it really shines the light on the trials
that Christians are going through.  Jesus said
it wouldn't be easy and I think we know that
it's only going to get harder.  The world seems
to have become so evil.  I think part of that is
because we are made more aware of it through 
the media, but it just seems more evil.  I keep thinking
surely Jesus will come back soon.  But before
John died we were going to a church in Camden,
Michigan and the pastor was talking about that
very subject.  He explained that in Jesus' time
things were very, very evil.  So I guess we can't
use that as criteria as to Jesus' return.  The world
has always been evil.  Thankfully we are only
passing through.  For John's memorial Robin
put together a picture montage and the background
music was from Building 429's "I'm not home
yet".  I love that song.  It reminds us that this
is NOT our home.  We are only here temporarily.  
When I hear it I think not only of John, but
also my cousin Ronnie who died from brain cancer.
As much as we would like to have them here in our
lives, no way would we want them back.  They
are HOME.  We will be there someday.  But 
for now we have to deal with this world the
best we can and spread the word that this
is not really  home.  All that to say the movie
is amazing and you should really see it soon.

3 comments:

  1. Love the card! It's hilarious!! And like your kitchen design. I haven't seen any of the movies you reference. But will be looking for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card. I wish I could do that on my cabinets, but alas they go all the way to the ceiling so I have no space to do that. Yours look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, another one to look for is "Miracles from Heaven" It is so good.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...