Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Swingin'

I love, love, love how this card
turned out!  Cody and Pam are 
celebrating their 7th anniversary on the
14th of this month!  They seem so perfectly
matched and I am happy that they are
doing so well in their marriage.  Though
I've never seen any, as we know, 
every marriage has it's bumps
When I was looking through the  stamps
I came across this one which I 
thought was perfect and made me
giggle!  It's a swing card and it
came out perfectly the first time!
That usually doesn't happen when
I'm trying a new fold or moving
card, so I was both surprised
and happy!




Isn't that just the neatest card ever?  I
just love the movement of it.

I had a wonderful lunch yesterday and I
think we are well on the way to becoming
good friends.  I didn't really know her
well, but it turns out we have quite a bit in
common and I really enjoyed getting
to know her and just sharing some time
together.  I hope that our friendship will
continue to grow!

 The Lord has changed my  life a lot
in the last 4 months.  It's not pleasant
when He slams a door in our face.  I
wasn't happy.  I cried and complained and
finally came to the conclusion that He had
something better for me.  So I sat back
and tried (somewhat impatiently) to
wait for His timing and direction.  It always
pays off in the end if I can just be still
and listen for His voice.  That is not a
virtue that is innate to me, so I am still
working on that.  I am a WIP as we say
in the card/scrapbook group: a "work in
progress".  But isn't that what all Christians
are?  If we have "arrived" then what would be
the point?  God continues to work on
us daily to bring us closer to Him and
help us to see that as Children of God
He has a better idea of what we need
that we do.  And just as our children
did, we sometimes rebel against Him.
At least I do!  But then I've always been
rebellious anyway, according to my parents.
That's another story.   Personally I think
I'm a pretty fantastic person, LOL.  There
are those that would disagree with that
but everyone is entitled to their opinion-
even if it is wrong!  :)  Wow, I'm
kind of goofy today!  Better go watch
Supernanny.  I love that woman!

3 comments:

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...