Saturday, August 27, 2016

Deaf coffee chat

I have probably talked about the deaf chat
before but I got guilted into going again this
month.  I don't know any of the people
that go (the deaf people, I mean) and they
all talk so fast, but I was able to communicate
with one gentleman.  I didn't talk a lot to
him, just a couple of sentences, but he
understood what I was saying.  It's good
practice, I suppose.  Then the kids from
the local high school came in.  About 6 of 
them.  These kids have sign classes every
day and go to the chats for extra credit.  Here
are these teens signing away and I'm thinking
maybe I'll just shrink down into my chair.
I wonder if I will ever be good enough to 
hold down a decent conversation.  If the 
Lord brings you to it He'll bring you through
it I guess and I do feel like He brought me
to this.  I need to practice more, but it's
hard to practice with no feedback and
kind of boring, too.  Oh well.



This didn't come out like I imagined it in
my head, but I still think it looks OK.  I
should have used a different paper on
the front, I think.  Maybe a vintage brown
instead of pink.  It goes with the washi tape
on the inside though.  When I first bought it, 
I thought it was just roses.  After I got back
to Robin's and looked at it again I saw
it had birds on it.  I might not have bought
it if I noticed that, but it's still pretty.

It looks like it might rain/storm today.  That
would be very cool, but I'm not holding my
breath and I sure don't want to happen here
what happened in Kokomo earlier this week!
I didn't hear of any fatalities thankfully, but
a starbucks got taken to the ground by a 
tornado and by the grace of God the people
there were in a corner bathroom on the only
wall standing!  The ironic part is that two of
them were not even from here but here for a
business meeting.  One from Florida and the
other from North Carolina.    I'm very glad
everyone was OK!  How scary.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh--love the birthday card! We're waiting for rain also. Needed badly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had any extra I'd send it to you, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...