Sunday, August 28, 2016

Good Sunday Morning

How did a whole week go by
already?  And where is the summer
going?  Before we know it snow will be
on the ground and I am not looking forward
to it.  I wish I had the money to be a snowbird.
I hate snow more and more every year
and yes, I will complain about that.  Bring on
the heat and I will tell the Lord it's hot but I
am by no means complaining!  I make  no bones
to Him about how much I hate winter and how
I'm pretty sure the Lord of perfection made a
mistake in this case.  You know how when you
are on a vacation and you come home and 
you feel like you've been away forever?
When I got off the plane in California in 1980
I felt like I'd been away from home a very long
time and was finally back.  That's how I'm 
pretty sure God made a mistake in my case.
Maybe I was meant to be the child of a Hollywood
star and living in the lap of luxury right now.  I
can dream.

So, on to the card.  I was experimenting with
a mesh die I have, trying out a couple of
things I wasn't sure if I  liked or not.  I may 
fool around with it again later today.  But
then I came up with this card.  I wasn't
sure how it would come out but when I
got done die cutting it I liked it very
much.  The only change I might make is
the colours.  They are too close together.


I tied the ribbon right through the mesh which
I thought was very cool.  On the back of the
sentiment panel is a blank panel that you 
can write a greeting on.  I can't tell if the sentiment
panel is crooked or not.  It kind of looks like
it is but with the mesh it's hard for me to
tell.  Anybody?  Even if it is, that just shows
it's handmade, right?!

I'm looking forward to church even though
I don't think I can sign more than one song.
They are all so fast.  The problem is that
I can sign them fine.  I just can't keep up
with the song while I'm doing it.  Then I get
messed up and mad at myself and the song is
two thirds of the way through before I
gain my focus again.  Maybe someday I 
can get it right.
 

1 comment:

  1. Bet the card looks prettier in person?! Love it anyways.
    Practice makes perfect! As the old saying goes.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...