Friday, September 1, 2017

A blast from the past


Here's the card, first.  I love black
and white together.  I should use it
more.  With just a touch of red.  I
wish I'd noticed how high the
flowers were, but it is what it is.
 
So...yesterday I went to visit my
mother.  It was an OK visit, not the
best.  On the way there I saw my
ex out in his yard.  Now, truth be
told, the only reason I knew it was
him is because his family has owned the
house forever.  My sister sent me a picture
of him a few years ago and asked if
I knew him.  I looked and looked and
could NOT figure out who it was.  I think
she got it from the school site.  Anyway,
finally had to have her tell me who it
was.  So if I had run into him at any other
time I would have had no clue.  He has
changed so much. Not for better on
the outside, for sure.  I hope he's changed 
on the inside because he was not a nice
man when we were married.  They
were having a yard sale and I just couldn't
 help myself.  I stopped and asked if his
name was Jason.  He said yes and looked
at me strangely.  I said, "Do you know who
I am?"  he said, "You look familiar".   I gave
him a few more seconds and then said, 
"I ought to look familiar, we were married."
Finally he realized who I was.  People say
I look the same as I did when I was in
high school, but apparently not enough
for him to recognize me.  I've satisfied my
curiosity. It's been at least 25 years since
 I've seen him and I will go the rest of 
my life not caring if I ever see him again. 
 
And on that note,
 
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...