Thursday, June 1, 2017

Explosion box!

As I said yesterday, I have had very
little success trying these boxes.
This one I am finally happy with.
It is nothing like what was in my mind
when I started to make it, but it
turned out great, I think!




The flowers are hand made.  Well, the little
ones on the cake aren't, but the big
ones are.  I'm not sure I'm crazy about the
decoration of the cake, but it will do.  This
thing took me all day to do because I
kept trying things and I didn't like how
it looked, so I'd go on to something else.
I am going to try another one but I
need to get a few things first so I'm
not sure if I'll show it tomorrow or not.
Some where along the way I got the wrong
measurements for the box top and
the sides were bowing in.  I couldn't
figure out why then realized the top just
wasn't big enough.  Fortunately I had 
enough card stock left to make another.
It was touch and go with that and if I
had had to delay the project to go get 
some more in Fort Wayne today I
would have been annoyed!  I like living
here in Fremont, but being nearly an hour
away from certain stores is a little
inconvenient.   Not that I'm complaining
about Hobby Lobby being here in town
or the little JoAnn's but I need a JoAnn
super store, too.  Is anyone who has 
clout listening?  I even know where
it could be built!  Wow, think of
the price competition between them
and Hobby Lobby!  I'd definitely come
out the winner on that one!
 
Happy Thursday!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...