Tuesday, June 20, 2017

New Home for mom

We moved my mom to her new 
home.  It's a place called "Drew's 
Place" in Hillsdale, MI.  Not your
typical nursing home, it's more like 
a home.  Only 20 residents.  She
loves it there already.  She kept saying 
it seemed like a dream and she was
going to wake up.  As we are getting
her out of the car I hear a voice 
behind me saying, "what are you 
doing here?"  I turned around
to see my former daughter in law
(and daughter of my heart) standing
there!  It turns out she works there!  I
hugged her and just cried.  I feel even
better now, knowing that Annette will
be there helping to watch over my mom!
And that, folks, is called a "God thing"!

These are the same cards that I posted
the last few days, just done with the
new thread.  I haven't much been in
the mood to be creative, but maybe
now that things are settling down I 
will be able to concentrate more.




Doesn't that thread really make a
difference?  I am probably going to order
some different colours since no one around
here carries much of it.  I also wrote
the company that makes some of the
patterns and asked them to consider
designing a  "Jesus" ASL hand
sign (it would only be half the sign)
and they said they would put it on their
list of possible future designs!  Wouldn't
that be so cool?  They have an "I love you"
sign, but I have made so many of those
that people are probably getting sick
of them! (smile)
 
We got a little bit of rain last night and
the weeds are growing so well.  I'm
quite proud of them.  Proud enough
that I'm going to mow them over
later today.  They are they only
things that are growing, but at least
there's something green in my yard!
 
Happy Tuesday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...