Friday, June 2, 2017

playing with die cuts

I had something else in mind
when I started this card (of course)
but ended up with this.  Not
my best work but I was too lazy
to do anything with the explosion
box although I did get what I 
need for it.


I showed the explosion box to my sister
in law and brother in law yesterday
and they were duly impressed.  The
expression on their faces was great
when they took the top off and the
box fell open!  They didn't expect that!
What I didn't expect was for Laurel
to make a clean sweep in cards and
dice.  Larry and I won nothing.  
I think that was kind of selfish of her!
Even though it's June, it was a bit
chilly this morning.  But I will take chilly
over freezing cold any day.  So, to be 
clear, that was a comment, not a complaint!
My mom isn't doing all that well, having
hallucinations , both visual and auditory.
My dad also said she is worried about
everything constantly.  So he spoke with
the nurse about it and she suggested 
mixing some lavender oil in a bottle with
water and misting it around the house.
You're only supposed to use a few drops.
He said he doesn't think it's helping her
much, but he's feeling a lot better!
I'm really grateful they are getting
help now, aides are coming in to stay
with her so he can get out to appointments
and shopping, things like that.  My dad is
not the most patient person in the world.
I get that from him, unfortunately.  So he
could use some prayer.
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...