Thursday, June 15, 2017

flowers in oval

I got a new set of stitching cards yesterday.
It's a set of three.  This is the first:


You're supposed to use a floss called
confetti, but I can't find that anywhere.
I looked online a long time ago.  Maybe
I should take a look again.  Meanwhile,
the variegated thread looks fine, I think.
My dad and I are going to another nursing
home this morning.  The one is called
"Drew's place" and they have multiple
sites throughout Michigan.  It's not a
nursing home in the traditional sense.
He has been there and wants me to visit
as well.  He loves it.  The problem is
getting her on medicaid.  That's been
a slight issue and it's really getting me
down.  Instead of revering our elderly
we shove them aside.  The money
is funneled elsewhere and that's all the
rant I'm going to do.  It's not fair and
I guess no one promised it would be.
So right now all we are doing is clinging
to God and hoping He's going to work
things out.  It's been hard to even pray
these days.
Speaking of God, I am a member of
the church now.  This is a picture my
friend Coleen took for them:

Ordinarily I don't like pictures of
myself but this one is OK.
Sunday I went to my first ever baseball
game!  We had so much fun and I
really needed to get out and away from
all the stress.  They lost by one point!
We were right behind the batter's box
under a nice overhang and got our orders
taken and food  brought to us.  It's good
to know people who have connections, LOL.
Thanks, Coleen!!!  It was a fantastic day.

Left to right:  Me, Pam, Johnny tin cap, Coleen and Judy.
Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures!! Love your new card, too. Best of luck with medicaid. That's the 'state' aid?? Lots of paperwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, state aid. very frustrating. illegals can get it. amish can get it. but our citizens can't. great system.

      Delete
  2. ball games are fun! Glad you are not forgetting to have some. Sending prayers for the family that it will work out for your mom. I like the card. I've never heard of confetti floss. I'll look around for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, karen. I looked all over on the internet and couldn't find it. I'm wondering if it is a UK thing because that's where the patterns come from.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...