Monday, June 5, 2017

Tarnished metal Father's day card

I've tried this technique before and
not had great results and this time
is no different, but I decided to make
it into a Father's day card since
that is right around the corner.


It didn't turn out horrible, but
it's sure not as nice as the pictures
in the tutorials show.  I used tin foil
since I didn't have any foil paper, so 
that might be part of the problem.  
I used gold and copper embossing
powders and dragged black ink 
across both before and after the
embossing was completed.
Church was interesting.  I signed
three songs.  The first one I
knew well since it was the very
first one I ever signed in front.
The other two I THOUGHT I
knew, but kept getting things 
backwards.  Oh, well.  Now they
are encouraging me to sign the
prayers that sometimes the worship
team will pray in between songs.
I know I can do most of it, but I'm
too afraid to put myself out there.
Maybe I will try from my seat
next week.  I think once I do it
I'll feel more confident just like
when I signed the first song.  It's
about time I step out of my comfort
zone again.

When I went to uncover Lili this
morning the goofball was hanging
upside down from the top of
her cage.  Parrots can be so weird!
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...