Friday, June 23, 2017

Cute boxes

I have a friend with a birthday
on June 30.  I thought it would
be fun to make a bunch of boxes
with things inside for her to open.
One of them will be the blue 3 sided
explosion box I made a while back.
Here's two more:


This one is going to hold the Hershey
nuggets.  I will probably either
decorate the lid or put a ribbon from
top to bottom to hold it closed.  I'm not 
sure which.  Maybe both!
 

Isn't this a neat box?  I just love it.  
I put a sample of body wash and 
hand lotion in this one.  
Another angle:
 

You can see the the dry embossing
on the top. I used faded jeans
and milled lavendar distress inks
to colour it.
 
I have a doctor's appointment this
morning, then I'm doing a bit
of shopping, then planning on
staying home the rest of the day!
I have been running constantly
for days and I'm pretty tired.  Not
to mention my sciatic nerve has
kicked up once again.  It's
been giving me a ton of problems
lately.  Maybe due to stress.  I'm
not sure if that affects it or not,
but I can truthfully say I'm
getting a little tired of it!
 
It's been raining but no storms.
I love the rain and we need it, 
but please, send the storms!!
 
Happy Friday!
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Love the boxes!! Wish they would mail like the cards. They really make a beautiful gift! Get some rest! Take it easy - watch a movie! you deserve it. I looked up Drew's Place and it looks really nice. I will need an assisted living center in the future. I know they are expensive. Do they take your SS check to help with the cost? In FL you have to go on a wait list for housing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about the ss check taking care of the cost, but I know it is factored in as money you already hav for medicaid, but can't be factored in as income. This one is 4,000. a month! because she needs the highest level of care. You can come live with me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info! Or you could come live with me:).

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...