Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Very awesome surprise!

We had the interview with the nurse
and social worker yesterday.  Nice
women.  Very young.  Why is it
that everyone looks young to me
anymore?  They were probably in
their 30's.  I  have two kids older than
that!  I am obviously getting old.
Anyway, it went well except that my
mom got tired out.  She'll be even
more tired out soon because my sister 
is on her way today.  They will both
be very happy to see her.  Here is an 
even more awesome surprise.  My dad
told me yesterday that he has a friend
who is a minister and asked him if
he would do a service with him and
mom to renew their vows!  He hasn't 
discussed it with her yet, but I'm sure
she would love it.  He wants to do it
while Robin is here.  He's already talked
to the administrator, Tena, and she loves
the idea and said she would have everything
set up for whenever he planned it and 
said she wanted to call the paper, too.
She was very excited as nothing like that
has ever been done at the home.  That
 would be cool if the paper came.  It's
Hillsdale, Michigan.  What else do they
have to report on?  Sorry, is my bitterness
showing?  I hate the place.



These are the last two cards of the
set.  I think they turned out beautifully, 
but I   like the roses the best.
  It was pretty easy to change the sentiments.
When I tape the card down on the back of
the pattern I draw a line around it so if
I want to make another I don't have to 
line the entire thing up again.  So 
putting the card in exact place gets the
sentiments lined up as well.
Speaking of such things...I contacted one
of the companies I get my patterns from
and asked if they would consider designing
a pattern of the sign "Jesus".  We emailed
back and forth a  couple of times, him
asking  me questions about the sign.
It is a double sign, but I told him half of
it would work because deaf people will
know what the other part of the sign
is.  Wouldn't that be so AWESOME?!

Coleen's birthday was Monday and we
surprised her with some balloons, 
cupcakes, etc.  Pam was at a workshop,
so didn't get to be there, but we said it
was from her as well.  I'm surprised
she didn't make us retake the picture
since she had her tongue out.  She
commented on it, lol.  She was just so
surprised and excited!  I love it when
you can surprised someone with fun
things.  That's why I send cards....
Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. You have a lot of great news! Why do people look so young?! cuz we're old!! Happy that Robin is coming today. How long will she be staying? Wow - your mom & dad renewing their vows! How many years has it been? I thought you said 60? Have a great visit with your family. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin got here safely. It will be 61 years on the 11th of August. So my dad (and I'll write about this on the blog tomorrow, but you get a sneak peek) asks my mom if she'll remarry him and she said no!! Not until august 11, lol. but when she finds out Robin is here(we didn't tell her ahead of time) she may change her mind. :)

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...