Thursday, June 22, 2017

Waiting and trusting on the Lord

Nice boring card today.  I've made
cards similar to this and for
some reason I just do not have
the knack to arrange flowers
so they look nice.  Good thing
I don't work in that field...


I do like the ribbon at the bottom and I
love these flourishes.  They make
a really beautiful touch.  So tiny and
delicate.

So, on to yesterday's fun.  We've
started the medicaid process.  It's 
complicated as all state/government
things have to be.  But both of the women
we worked with yesterday were Christians
and freely told us how they loved the
L0rd and what He has done in their
lives.  Unsolicited, I might add, so that
was even more awesome.  They were
not afraid to share that, not necessarily
knowing that we knew the Lord as well.

The first  woman (Kandy) set up the 
appointment next week to have mom evaluated 
by both a nurse and social worker.  After 
that we need to get our ducks in a row and
quickly get all the financial documents
faxed to the second woman, (Becky) who will begin
processing all the paperwork.  I said something
about IF she got approved and she said, "no,
WHEN she gets approved".  Kandy said
that the fiscal year slots were filled and
the year didn't end until October.  Becky said
they would see about that and that she WAS
going to get this put through.  They were
both very compassionate and had positive
attitudes toward all of this.  It makes
it easier to go through it when you have
people who really care helping you.

My mom feels like she is being attacked
and I wonder if Satan uses minds that
are breaking down to spiritually attack.
I told her I read the end of the book and
we win!  She smiled and said, "hey, that's
right!"  I've printed out Eph. 6:10-15 about
putting on the armour of God and will take it
to her next time I go.  I don't know if this
is just in her mind or if it is real.  What I
do know is that she belongs to God and
I'm trusting that He's got this.  It's very
hard to watch her like this.  She's quite
intelligent and knows that much of 
what she says is probably not real
but still is unable to always distinguish
between reality and her mind's betrayal.

I continue to trust the Lord with
 this because I know He loves us
all so much!

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...