Sunday, June 11, 2017

I love you

I made a card for my dad to take
to my mom today.


Even though it doesn't look it, the
vellum is clear.  I embossed it in gold
with script and missed the entire
center (I have a tendency to do that)
but no worries as I was planning on
putting the sentiment in the center
anyway.  I press and press on the 
stamps and still somehow miss the
center of the large ones.  It's 
maddening.
 
Dad said he didn't have a very good
visit with her yesterday.  It is hard
not to take personally the things
she says.  She's mad about not 
being home and I don't blame her.
Her mind is in it's own reality.  Even
though we know this in our heads, 
our hearts are screaming that
this is not supposed to be
happening.  It's hard to process
this.  I didn't think I was going
to have to watch one of my parents
lose themselves like this.   We 
never consider illness, accident
or medical issues such as this.
I would never want to know 
what's coming next and thankfully
God protects us from that.  He
has been good to us so far and I
am praying for more faith each day
that I can let go of my fear and
pain long enough to trust that
He's in control.  God's got this
even if it sometimes doesn't feel
that way.  I learned long ago not
to trust my feelings.  They don't
always represent the reality of
the situation where God is concerned.
We just have to let go and let God.
God is good all the time.
And all the time God is good.
 
Happy Sunday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...