Saturday, June 17, 2017

Wonderful news!


I finally figured out what type
of thread these patterns call for.
Obviously you don't have to use that
but that's what they  use in the examples.
It's called Krenik and it's so thin I
never thought to use it.  But it works
pretty nicely.  It's all pretty and
sparkly.  I might do a set with that
thread and post it.


I still think it looks good with the
regular embroidery floss, though.
This morning I'm going to Bob
Evans with my friend, Coleen, to practice
signing which I need badly.  So-we'll see
how long we stay silent, LOL!
Last night I went to an "empty nesters"
meeting or group or whatever you call
it.  It was nice, we all had a potluck
dinner and the ladies played dominoes
while the guys chatted and told jokes.
They only do it once every couple of
months, I guess.  I made broccoli salad
(with ramen noodles)  and everyone seemed
to love it.  Since it's mostly sprouts, I
love it, too.
Now on to the great news.  We found a
nice home in Hillsdale, Michigan, called
"Drew's Place".  It's not a nursing home, 
per se, more like a home, but they probably 
have 15-20 residents.  It's also a Christian
home.  She is going to be  moved there
on Monday.  The person in charge, Tena,
went and evaluated my mom yesterday
to see what level of care she needed.
She told my dad she showed my mom
pictures of the place and my mom loved
it.  The room she will be in frequently has
deer right outside the window and
that will really make her happy.  So
we are thrilled.  I don't know
what will come down the road; we are
still struggling with medicaid.  But for
now she will have a nice and safe place
to stay, close enough for my father to go
whenever he wants.  He can have meals
with her, just visit, whatever.  There is
a hairdresser that comes and does the
ladies hair for $10.  Mom's hair dresser said
she would ask this lady if she minded if
she did mom's hair.  She's been doing
it for years.  If not, she will just visit. 
Dad popped in for a quick hair cut last
week and she refused to even take his
money.  I had tears in my eyes when she
hugged us.  You really find out who
your friends are when you go through
something like this.  I am grateful for
the wonderful support system I have
through my friends.  I'm very lucky.

Oh, and also I am going to be sending
cards to people in the church who need
a little encouragement.  Very excited about
that.  I got a list the other day.
Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. so happy to hear you found a nice place for mom to be. Hoping the medicade works out. Cool card. Glad you found the thread

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you've found a place for your mom!! And she likes it?! I know that has to be a comfort to know she will be taken care of. Your dad must be relived also.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...