Saturday, February 24, 2018

(Too) pale yellow flowers

This card was an absolute pain
to make, but oh, so worth it!
I think it's one of the best I've 
ever done!


It's kind of washed out looking from
the light, but I hope you can see
it OK.  The bottom of the card is completely
separate, being held together only by the 
diamond panel and the flourish.  It is
much cooler looking in person.  I was thrilled
with how it came out.
 
Deaf chat last night was a lot of fun.  I sure
wish Parrish would slow down, though, LOL.
She's 23 and her hands fly like birds.  I 
catch a word here and there.  I'd ask her to
slow down, but she wasn't talking to me.
She did slow down a couple of times
when we were talking.  She's so sweet.  We
had a good time.
 
This morning I have a trial by fire.  I'm
going to be teaching in Coleen's class
since she has no voice.  She'll be right
there with me, but it's going to be 
way out of my comfort zone.  I know
I'll get through it just fine, but it's
scary for me.  Since I've been learning
sign I've stepped out of my comfort
zone a lot and surprised myself.  Before
John died I would never have done
that because I had him to hide behind
and he was fine with that.  I'm finding
I'm not as shy as I used to be.  Or at
least not for as long with a new person.
 I should probably go get ready.
 
Happy Saturday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...