Thursday, February 22, 2018

Encaustic wax

I didn't have a chance to do much
yesterday.  For the past 5 years I
have been cleaning house for a
friend.  I hate cleaning-his house is
cleaner than mine-but he pays well.
So I looked around and found a
 piece of art I did quite a few years
ago when encaustic wax was a big
thing.  I wanted to try it so much.
So we got the wax, special cardstock,
little tiny iron, and I went to work. 
Other people make such beautiful
things with this wax.  Not me.  I did
manage to get something really cool
out of it though.  I call it "the world"


 I think it kind of looks like the curve
of a planet.  


I was also on a bead tree making kick.
Another thing I was not good at.  These
are a lot harder than they look!

Some ATC cards I made years ago for
a swap.  I was so happy with how they
turned out and now, looking back, I realize
I made mini me's a long time ago.  Who
remembers these things?
Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...