Saturday, May 14, 2016

Z fold variation

In true hand made tradition, I 
folded this card backwards.
So not only did I make a lot
of extra work for myself,
but it also looks goofy.
Fortunately I have friends
and family who will overlook
my stupid mistakes and like the
card anyway.  Maybe I'll get
ambitious and make another
the correct way.




It's been a rough weekend.  I think
it's going to be time soon, to let my
dog, Neelix, cross over the rainbow
bridge.  I can't bring myself to say
the words that that really means.  I've
never had to do anything like this before,
and certainly not alone.  He's become
incontinent over the past few months
and I am sure this doesn't make him
any more happy than it does me.  So
I take him to the vet that is here
in town and explain the situation.
They've been seeing my dogs for
years and I have become increasingly
certain that they enjoy spending my 
money more than I do..  So these idiots
want to do expensive blood tests
because he might have kidney
disease or diabetes.  And?  I told
them no.  Well, maybe he's in pain.
I'm sure he is.  He stumbles sometimes
and I think his hips are hurting.  But
that doesn't have anything to do with
incontinence.  So I let them talk
me into pain pills, came home
and called the vet in Ft. Wayne that
cares for my birds.  She has seen
each of the dogs when we first
got them , but
I thought it made more sense
to take them here locally.  I can't
do that with the birds.  They need
an avian vet.  I have known
her for about 17 years, trust her and
 know she's not going to take my money
for something that there's no cure for.
I'll be taking him there on
Monday morning.  She will give
me the guidance I need.
Compassionately.
 
Oh, and to top it off, this vet here
in Angola kindly gave me an
extremely expensive
estimate for a teeth cleaning.
REALLY??

 

1 comment:

  1. Seems not only vets, but drs are in it for the money?! How old is Neelix? And I hear the weather is cold there. Time for some spring/summer weather!

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...