Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Surprise!

I made a different kind of card
today.  I've made this type of card
once or twice before, but never
quite like this.  Sorry for the paper
clip, but it wouldn't stay closed on
its own.  You will see why on the second
picture, but I don't want to give 
it away....


I love this quote.  I thought at first that
I hadn't stamped the whole thing
properly, but the butterflies are supposed
to be like that. Sometimes with the
large stamps I can't get the ink to come
off all the way.  Maybe I am impatient.
Maybe lazy.  But I digress.  Are
you impatient?  OK, here's the inside:


Isn't that cool?  The butterfly "flies" off
the page on a pop up panel.  I was surprised
at how easy it was and how great it
came out.  On the body of the butterflies
I used some of the enamel accent dots.
Those little things are hard to keep track
of and harder to get them to go where
you want them to go.  I probably should
have used my tweezers but I was too
lazy to look for them.  They're probably
right in front of me.  Actually, my desk is
pretty clean, considering, so it probably
wouldn't have been that hard to find them.
I think I'm going to send this to Robin 
for her pastor/wife.  I'm starting to
get a large collection of cards again,
so time to send them out.

Tomorrow my DIL, Pam, and I are
going to go to Battle Creek and bum around
and have lunch together.  It is her father's 
birthday and she took the day off.  I know
it will be an emotional day for her, so
hopefully this will take her mind off
it for just a little while.  It's the first
one since he died.  I'm honoured
she asked to spend part of the day
with me.   

Yesterday I finally managed to get
the garage cleaned and it looks great.
Want to hear a "God thing"?  I have
had a grill in the garage that had been
used half a dozen times or so before
John died.  I thought about putting an
ad in the paper to sell it, but then I
just felt this prompting to text Mark and
see if he could use it.  God's timing is
so perfect.  He just threw his out this
past weekend because it was getting
old and rusty!  We are going to exchange
it for his helping me put in some tile
in bathrooms/laundry room when he
has the time to do it.  It's a win/win
for both of us!  God does amaze
me on a regular basis.  Even when
I sometimes feel so far away from
Him which has certainly been happening
in the past few months, He reminds
me that He is always there and that
I shouldn't trust my feelings because
feelings aren't always accurate.  There
is an Amy Grant song to that effect 
called  "Faith walking people"  .  Faith
is what tells us God is there even when
feelings tell us otherwise.  I need to
remember that.  Sometimes it's so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...