Monday, May 23, 2016

Trying out stencils

I found some really cool stencils
at the store the other day, 
but I'm not too good at them.
I've used them with sprays
before but I'm not enamoured
of sprays. This one I used with
distress ink and tried to make
it as neutral as possible so that
the other elements would
stand out.  I'm not sure if I 
like it or not.  I don't
hate it.


These are the stencils.



I've been wanting a "splat" stamp for a
while and a friend of mine ordered me
a set but then I saw the stencil and
thought I'd go ahead and get it
too.  I've played with it a little
bit and haven't found anything I'm super 
happy with. I'm afraid I just don't
have the knack.  But I'll play with
it a little longer before I give
up.  I tend to give up quickly
if something I'm doing doesn't
turn out right.

I just got a text from the dentist.
I have an appt. at 10 this morning.  
I totally forgot about it.  I missed a
very important appt. last week and
can't get in again until the end of
July, so I'm hoping they will refill
my scripts even though I missed.  The
last thing I want to do today is go
to the dentist.  I hate to get my teeth 
cleaned.  Actually, this is the second
to last thing I want to do today, and
the other thing I will probably end
up doing tomorrow..  Later today
is the silent dinner and I am looking
forward to that.  A little nervous, of
course, but I'm sure it will be fine.
One thing about deaf people, they
don't mind if you talk with your 
mouth full, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...