Monday, May 30, 2016

Happy Memorial day!

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank
my father, my husband John, and
all the men and women who have or
are fighting here in this country or
on foreign lands for their service
and dedication to our freedom!
We take so much for granted and
don't stop to think of the sacrifices
that these people-and their families 
(speaking as an ex Navy wife)
make each and every day.  It's hard
for them to be away from their homes 
and families and hard for the families
to have their service member away
for long periods of time.  We need to
keep them in our prayers!

 

I made two more monochromatic
cards yesterday with the colours
I had gemstones in.  I love how they
turned out.  I think I'm on to something!



It's hard to read the sentiments for
some reason.  I couldn't get a good
photo.  They are clear stickers
so I think they were picking up too
much light.  The  blue one
has the verse Psalm 118:24
"This is the day the Lord has made
We will rejoice and be glad
in it."
For some reason, this has turned 
out to be Dianne's and my verse.
Not sure how it happened, but
we will sometimes text it to the
other in the morning to remind
each other, I guess.  So sometimes
I use that sentiment on a card and
send it to her. Naturally she's getting
that one as in addition to the
verse, blue is her favourite colour!

Sunday is always bird-free day.
(aka mental health day) .  I leave
them in their cages and just have a quiet
day.  I was able to get some
other cards done during the day which
I will share later.  I love my birds,
but I look forward to Sunday and just
a quiet, slow day.  Yesterday just
also happened to be Harry Potter day.
One of the channels was running a weekend
and even though I've seen them over and
over I watch again anyway.  Mainly
the TV is on.  I'm not necessarily watching
it.  I just like the noise, I guess.  But it's
nice to be able to go in the craft room,
make a card and then come back
out and know exactly what is going
on in the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...