Sunday, May 8, 2016

Baby cherry trees


My cherry tree is prolific
at reproducing so I decided last
year to plant a baby.  Three of them
were kind of in a clump, so I thought
one might choke out the other 
two.  Not so far.   All 
three are flourishing!  I've wanted 
a tree in that corner for a long
time and John said no.  So.... he 
doesn't get a say.  I'm thrilled with
how they are doing so far.  
Next year I will probably remove
the rocks around it.  I didn't
want them to accidentally get
mowed over last year while my
neighbor was mowing my yard with
the rider.  Aren't they cute?!

Now on to the new card fold
I tried this morning.  This is called 
a corner fold.  It is so cute and
came out really well the very first
time!  I'm going to send it to Robin
for her pastor's little granddaughter.
She is either going to or has had, I 
can't remember, a bone marrow transplant.
I'm glad they were able to find a 
donor so quickly.




I had to put something on the corner
to take the picture because it
doesn't want to stay closed.  It wants
to stand up and be seen!  But she can
put it on  her side stand and it won't fold
up.  I saw a challenge for using 
corrugated cardboard on a card so
I decided to get out my  little tool and
give it a try.  Unfortunately it's not
as tight as it used to be so I had
some trouble get a good piece.  This
was the best and it's not straight 
because I can't draw a straight line
with a ruler!  True story.  All in all
I think it is adorable.  the little
bear is popped off the pink piece 
and inside the butterfly is only
attached by the center so it 
"flies" off the page.  I love doing
butterflies like that.  It makes
them look a little more real.

This last picture is of my SIL's lilac bonsai.
She says it's about 20 now.  I wish I
had gotten a better picture of the 
full pot but the sun was so
bright I couldn't tell that I cut off
the bottom.  Doesn't she have the 
cutest faerie garden??
Well, off to get ready for church.
I am liking the new church so far
and learning a lot watching
Pam (my teacher, not DIL)
signing the sermons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...