Thursday, May 26, 2016

Lots (and lots) of roses


There is a Stampin Up!" die called 
rose wonder.  It's really expensive.
Truth told, I think most Stampin Up! stuff
is really expensive, but they have great
things, so once in a while I order.
This I just couldn't order because
it was way out of my budget.  However,
a friend I just met at a wedding
last summer, has the die and she
so graciously cut me some.  Lots of
them!  I will be playing with them for
a while!


Isn't it pretty?  She made me several
different colours as well.  The first
thing I did was emboss one in black.
I started the card, but haven't finished it
yet, so I'll probably post it tomorrow.
Meanwhile, I did want to get a
thank you card sent out in the mail
to her quickly, so I have that to 
show:


I think if I make a card like this again I will
mat the panels. I think it will look better that
way.  Oh, well.  Her cards are so beautiful
that this one kind of pales in comparison.
It's the thought that counts, right?  Apparently
she has everything under the sun in her
craft room so I will have to keep that in
mind in the future before I buy anything
expensive that I can get from her!  ;)

I'm looking forward to my visit with
Pam today.  It is supposed to rain, but
I haven't seen any evidence of that yet.
Not that that will hurt my feelings.
Tomorrow is going to be busy.
I have a doctor's appt. in FW for a 
cortisone shot and that's at 9 am.
Then lunch with Dianne, my Gdaughter,
Bri, is coming over and we are
going to Auburn for a deaf chat.
It's going to be a fun day!  Well, the
shot isn't so much fun, but maybe
I'll be able to get some sleep.  I was
up until 3 am trying to fall asleep.  Night
sucks for pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...