Monday, May 2, 2016

Listen for the whisper

No doubt in my mind that I was
where I was supposed to be
yesterday morning.  A young
man from Haiti gave his 
testimony yesterday in church.
What he said was a word 
from God directed to me.  It
was so surprising that it brought
tears to my eyes.  Something I
have been struggling with for
months suddenly came into
focus as God said to me:
"let it go and move on".
I do not want to move on.
I do not want to let it go.
But I also want to trust that
God has my best interests
in mind and that I need to trust
Him.  So I told him I would try.
That's all I can do.   I still wish
things could have been different,
but apparently that's not what God
wants.  He put me where I needed to
be a year ago and now it's time 
to move on.  It's sometimes
so hard to do what God wants
us to do.



This is a criss-cross card.
It will fit in a standard envelope,
but doesn't open like an ordinary
card.  Instead, the insert comes out
as shown in the lower picture.
I have so much of this barnwood
paper that I thought was so cool
when I bought it and now I'm really
bored with it.   I thought I'd better try
to use some of it.  The packs I buy
have LOTS of paper.  I'm
constantly buying more because
I either get bored with it or don't have
what I want.  You would think
that wouldn't be a problem since
I pretty much own a craft store, but
believe it or not, two thirds of the
time when I want to make a card
I don't have the right color! 

It's another rainy day and that
 means still no lawnmowing!
Of course, the problem is that
when it finally dries out it's
going to be a hay field.
At least I'll be able to see 
where I'm mowing.  Most of the
yard is lush, but in the front you
have to look for the tire tracks
to see where you've been.  I've tried
putting down new seed but I
pretty much kill anything that
is green.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...