Saturday, May 21, 2016

Happy Saturday!

Today is the next to last Saturday
sign class.  Last Monday was the
last class for that day and this Monday
we are meeting at a restaurant
for a "silent dinner".  No talking
period, even when ordering.  This
should be interesting since I doubt
the wait staff will know sign language!
But it should be fun as well.

It looks like it's going to rain which will
interfere with my planting.  I hate
yard work with a passion which is
why I am planting vinca in all the
"flowerbeds" .  There were bushes
all around the entire house and I
hated them so much.  I finally
got them all out and the vinca will
make them look good and work-
free.  And the vinca is free as well
since my SIL, Laurel, wants to get rid
of some of hers.  It is choking out
her flowers since it grows so fast.  
Perfect for me!

I have made a couple cards, none of
which I am happy with, but here they
are:


The fancy mat is a die cut .  I bought
the die last week on sale big time.  I was
happy about that-wouldn't have bought
it otherwise.  The little sprite is a 3-d
image.  You place smaller parts of the
image on top of each other and they
end up standing out.  I don't know 
how to explain it really.  It's called tole.
 


Double pocket cards with bookmarks
in the pockets.  The ferns are also a die
I got on sale.  I've been spending way too
much money on craft stuff lately.  But
this months the electric/gas company
settled up with me as I am on the
budget program.  So this month's
bill was nothing and I have 38. credit
for next month.  Soooo, I went a little
crazy!  Hobby lobby being right here
in town is not good for my checkbook.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...