Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Silent dinner

I have to say, I had a lot of
fun last night!  I was a bit nervous
because most of the group has
far more experience than me, but
that doesn't always mean anything.
I was talking to Coleen, who has
5 years experience.  She is telling
me something about Deaf world, but 
is signing "home".  Both signs are 
done at the mouth and ear, but one
is a finger, the other a closed hand.
So I am trying to figure out what 
she is trying to say about "home world".
I mean, is she looking for the mother
ship or what????  She can't figure out
why I don't understand her.  I should,
after all.  So finally I signed it back
to her and that's when she realized
what she was signing.  I realized what
she was TRYING to tell me.  We laughed
and laughed.  The waitress didn't seem
to be too thrilled with the situation even
though we explained at the beginning what
was going to happen.  She seemed annoyed
at the extra work.  But what if a real 
deaf person came in?  We could hea r her
say,"What do you want?"  They would
not be able to hear that.  So it was good
experience for her, too.


This card did not turn out the way I
imagined it would.  I just couldn't get
the leaves around the butterfly the way I
wanted, and finally gave up.  I've been awake
since about 330 this morning, trouble
sleeping again....I got up at 4 am because
I was tired of just laying there.  So things
don't always come out right when I haven't 
had any sleep.  Here is the inside and
also an embossed envelope.



I don't usually do embossed envelopes but
I thought this one would look pretty 
with one.  Usually I just make my own
envelopes and they aren't plain like this one.
I think it's pretty.  :)

Today is garage cleaning day.  I've 
been putting it off long enough.  It needs 
to be swept and organized.  I don't know
how I have stuff lying all over the place 
when I just did it last year.  Where does
all this junk come from???

2 comments:

  1. That story is funny! See, even with 5 yrs experience, she had it wrong!! Did you see Nyles win the mirrorball? He was amazing! I like your believe card. I love the inside, too. I've copied that and put it inside of some of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't watch it,but I did see a spoiler alert online. From what I've heard he really deserved it. It just goes to show, deaf people can do anything we can except hear. The man who spoke at deaf world was a pilot. I need to learn so much about the deaf world. They have a very rich culture and so different from our own. Seriously, I think you are my biggest fan and I appreciate it and your comments so much!

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...