Wednesday, January 20, 2016

What a friend

I've got my Etsy shop set up.

https://www.etsy.com/your/shops/KymsKreations2/tools/listings?ref=seller_platform_hdr  

Hopefully that link will go
to the shop....   I think it
will have to be copied
and pasted though.
I'm really  hoping
that it will generate some interest.

I made this card this morning.
I love  how it turned out.  I really
like the way black and white looks
just by itself.  I considered
colouring in the "friend" and
"Jesus" but I like it just in black
and white.  I made the embossed
panel a long time ago and for
some reason it didn't work with whatever
card I was working on at the time
and I've had it ever since.  I think
it looks great on this card, though!  
That just goes to show that I need
to keep things that don't necessarily
work on a card, because it might
on another.  I have a bad habit of
throwing everything away and then
I think of something to use
it for and it's gone!  When I was
 a kid I was a packrat and as I got
older I started throwing away
all the stuff that I had
accumulated as a teen.  Lots of
notes that were passed in class, things
like that.  Ever since then I've thrown
things away almost immediately.  Things
I wish I'd kept, like letters from my
grandma, yearbooks, and other
things I should really have held onto.
But it's gone now and there's nothing
I can do about that.  Lesson learned.
I try to hold on to things that might
mean something to me some day.  
 I have used the word "things" 5
times in the last couple of sentences!
You would think with a vocabulary like
mine that I could think of something else.
I love words.  I sent my 5 year old
to school one day and he told the
teacher the classroom had a
nice ambiance.   That
was his word for the day!


2 comments:

  1. I learnes the same hard lesson, Mom! I have lost so many things over the years that I would give anything to have back to show my boys or use to show how it used be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learnes the same hard lesson, Mom! I have lost so many things over the years that I would give anything to have back to show my boys or use to show how it used be!

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...