Thursday, January 21, 2016

Dry embossing

I think dry embossing is one of
my favourite techniques.
You can do it one of two
ways: with a template, a light
box and dry embossing tool
(a pain in the neck and arm) or
with an embossing folder and machine. 
 My preferred method.

 
Sorry the pictures aren't more clear.
I didn't realize it until I uploaded them
to the computer and was too lazy
to do it again!  But you get the
idea.

So...here is a card I almost completely
blatantly copied from pinterest! 

 
They had a sentiment, so I left that
out and added a vellum butterfly
instead.  I'm learning to
just make card fronts without
obsessing over having to have
a sentiment on the front.  I'm getting
better at it!

It's supposed to be warming up again
but for how long?  For however
long it is, I will enjoy it.  Of course,
I'd rather have summer, but I'll
take a little higher temps than we've
been having.  

 

2 comments:

  1. Love them this way but I like the ones with sentiments on them too! The ones you made me with me initial was beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them this way but I like the ones with sentiments on them too! The ones you made me with me initial was beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...